Slip and Fall Injuries

If you were injured on another’s property due to a dangerous or defective condition on the property, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.

Obligations of Property Ownership

The owner of property who invites others onto the property owes a duty to inspect the property and remove defects and hazards likely to cause harm to others.  Maybe it was a wet floor or a tripping hazard that wasn’t obvious. Business owners in particular who are profiting off customers on their premises owe a duty to protect persons on the premises from harmful conditions that are likely to cause injury.

Ownership of property has its benefits, but also carries with it rights and responsibilities to others depending on the condition of the property and what activities are conducted on it. Generally, the owner of property is “in the best position to discover and controls its dangers, and often is responsible for creating them in the first place.” Proser and Keaton on Torts, 5th Ed., Chapter 10, § 57, at 386.

Your Troutdale Injury Lawyer

I have been an attorney for over 35 years. I have handled all aspects of trials in a wide range of subject matters- criminal, civil, family, probate, tax, bankruptcy and administrative, in state courts and federal courts. I have recovered hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation for my clients. In sum, I have the experience, maturity and practical wisdom to handle your injury claim at all stages to settlement or jury verdict.

I am able and aggressive. I will make my skills work for you.

Fighting Insurance Companies

Insurance companies fight these claims tooth and nail. Their first line of defense is to accuse you of causing your own injury because you should have noticed the hazardous condition, so your injury was caused by you not paying attention. In these circumstances, you need able and aggressive representation to maximize compensation for your injuries.

The facts and circumstances of your injury may be complicated. There may be more than one party responsible for your injuries. Weather conditions, lighting conditions, even footwear can play a role in proving liability for your injuries. 

Call Your Troutdale Injury Lawyer Today

If you have been injured in a slip or fall that was not your fault, give me a call today for a free consultation and get your claim evaluated. Put my 35 years of knowledge and experience to work for you

Slip & Fall Frequently Asked Questions

What is an injury?

An injury is monetary, physical and emotional in nature. Meaning: medical bills and out of pocket expenses related to treatment; lost income during and sometimes after you recover; pain and suffering; mental stress and anguish. Each of these elements of an injury are compensable by law.

If I have been injured, do I need to file a lawsuit?

No. The vast majority of injury claims settle without a lawsuit being filed.

What is a lawsuit?

A lawsuit is a proceeding in a court of law between two parties that begins with the filing in court of a formal document called a “Complaint.” The party filing a complaint is a “plaintiff” and the party against whom the complaint is filed is the “defendant.” A complaint is a written claim that lays out the facts of a legal dispute and requests a remedy

How much time do I have to file my lawsuit?

In Oregon, you must file a lawsuit within 2 years of the date of your injury or your injury claim will be barred. Some accidents require you to file a formal notice of intent to file a lawsuit, such as accidents caused by a state or local official, which require a notice to be sent withing 180 days of the accident.

How much does it cost to have my case evaluated?

I offer a free consultation to evaluate your claim, no strings attached.

How much do you charge to represent me?

I only get paid if I recover a settlement or jury verdict for you. In other words, I don’t get paid unless you win.

I’m concerned about how long it takes. What can you tell me?

Many lawsuits are resolved by a settlement without a lawsuit being filed. However, if a lawsuit has to be filed to protect your rights, most cases are resolved within 6 months of filing the complaint.

What compensation am I entitled to?

There are two basic components of compensation: Economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages are your medical bills, lost income and related out of pocket expenses you incurred as a result of your injuries. Non-Economic damages are for pain and suffering, disability and loss of enjoyment of life due to the physical and emotional impacts of the injuries on you.

How valuable is my claim:

This depends on a number of factors, such as the extent of your injury, the amount of your treatment bills and lost income and whether your injuries are permanent, as well as what juries have awarded for similar injuries. These factors, as well as the cause of your injuries are all taken into consideration in assessing the value of your claim.

What happens if the person who caused mu injury doesn’t have insurance or not enough insurance to adequately compensate me for my injuries?

In Oregon, as in many states, the law requires that every policy of automobile accident insurance must provide coverage for injuries caused when the other driver is either uninsured or underinsured. If you were a driver or a passenger who was injured by the fault of an uninsured driver or an underinsured driver, you may have a claim you can make against your own policy of insurance. All the more reason to contact me for my expert advice.

Call Your Troutdale Injury Lawyer Today

If you have been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, give me a call today for a free consultation and get your claim evaluated. Put my 35 years of knowledge and experience to work for you